Victorian Bed and Breakfast Inn--celebrating our 20th year
A great place to host a small wedding, a reception, a shower--very affordable and very elegant !
The inn is an 1892 Queen Anne Victorian mansion
The inn is celebrating its 122th anniversary this year !! It is a George Barber kit home, built for David Hoover, a stagecoach line owner. It was shipped here by rail from Knoxville, TN. The most distinctive exterior feature is the 50' high stone & brick chimney on the front corner of the house, once known as the "Chimney House". It is a treasure chest of original architectural featuring beveled windows, 10.5' ceilings w/ original millwork and fretwork, pocket doors between parlors and 8' six panel doors, hardwood floors, grand staircase and 6 original fireplaces each with Minton tiles imported from England, updated with gas logs.
Joe and Myrna Hauser acquired the property in 1993 and began extensive restoration and renovation to offer 8 guest rooms and 2 additional suites in the Carriage House.
International visitors from over 37 foreign countries have registered at the Market Street Inn, mostly corporate travelers coming to the area to conduct global business.
If you are traveling the "Mother Road", Historic Route 66, Market Street Inn, here in central Illinois, is a few minutes off its replacement, I-55. The Illinois Amish Community of Arthur, IL is just a little over an hour from our front door.
Distinguished member of SELECT REGISTRY since 2002
- Wireless high speed internet (free in room)
- Private baths w/ hairdryers--whirlpool tubs in most baths
- Iron & board
- Premium linens & Robes
- Full candlelight breakfast (time negotiable)
- Flexible check in time
- Flexible cancellation policy Sunday-Thurs
- Social hour w/ complimentary wine, fruit & cheese
- Two (2) Parlors for socializing, relaxing, reading, or watching the large screen TV in the back parlor.
- Complimentary bottled water & soda
- Discounted rates depending on length of stay
- Upscale dining 2 blocks away
- Policies of the inn are stated on our reservation page
Business Travelers: Corporate rate (single occupancy) available Sunday thru Thursday. 217-824-7220