About Our Historic Inn
Market Street Inn Bed & Breakfast is an 1892 Queen Anne Victorian mansion, making it more than 120 years old. Despite her age, our historic inn offers modern amenities, and even practices green lodging methods.
Joe and Myrna Hauser acquired the property in 1993 and began extensive restoration and renovation to offer 8 guest rooms and 2 additional suites in the Carriage House. International visitors from more than 37 foreign countries have registered at the Market Street Inn Bed & Breakfast, mostly corporate travelers coming to the area to conduct global business.
If you are traveling the historic Route 66 “Mother Road,” Market Street Inn Bed & Breakfast in Central Illinois is just a few minutes off its replacement, I-55. The Illinois Amish community of Arthur, IL is just a little over an hour from our front door.
- Wireless high-speed Internet (free in room)
- Private baths: most with whirlpool tubs
- Iron & board
- Premium linens & Robes
- Full fireside or candlelight breakfast (time negotiable)
- Flexible check-in time
- Flexible cancellation policy Sunday-Thursday
- Social hour with complimentary wine, fruit and cheese
- Two (2) Parlors for socializing, relaxing, reading, or watching the large-screen TV in the back parlor
- Complimentary bottled water & soda
- Discounted rates depending on length of stay
- Upscale dining two blocks away
Business Travelers: Corporate rate (single occupancy) available Sunday – Thursday.
Bereavement Rate: Sunday – Thursday