About Our Historic Inn
Market Street Inn Bed & Breakfast is an 1892 Queen Anne Victorian mansion, making it more than 120 years old. Despite her age, our historic inn offers modern amenities. Come savor a romantic experience in a room with a fireplace and private bath featuring a double whirlpool tub. Memories will be created for your honeymoon, anniversary, birthday or a surprise getaway. There are various activities nearby–golf, Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library, Lincoln Prairie Trail, Lake Taylorville, Sanchris State Park, antiquing, wineries and a craft beer brewery.
The building itself is a George Barber kit home, built for David Hoover, a stagecoach line owner. It was shipped here by rail from Knoxville, TN. Once known as the “Chimney House,” the home’s most distinctive exterior feature is the 50′ high stone-and-brick chimney on the front corner of the house. It is a treasure chest of original architecture featuring beveled windows, 10.5′ ceilings with original millwork and fretwork, pocket doors between parlors and 8′ six-panel doors, hardwood floors, grand staircase, and 6 original fireplaces each with Minton tiles imported from England, updated with gas logs.
Innkeepers Joe and Myrna Hauser are now celebrating more than 25 years of innkeeping! They acquired the property in 1993 and began extensive restoration and renovation to offer 8 guest rooms and 2 additional suites in the Carriage House. International visitors from more than 37 foreign countries have registered at the Market Street Inn Bed & Breakfast, mostly corporate travelers coming to the area to conduct global business.
If you are traveling the historic Route 66 “Mother Road,” Market Street Inn Bed & Breakfast in central Illinois is just a few minutes off its replacement, I-55. The Illinois Amish community of Arthur, IL is just a little over an hour from our front door.
- Wireless high-speed Internet (free in room), now fiber optic
- Private baths ensuite: most with whirlpool tubs & shower
- Fireplaces–gas log or electric in each guest room
- Iron & board
- Premium linens & Robes
- Candlelight breakfast at fireside
- Flexible check-in time
- Flexible cancellation policy Sunday-Thursday
- Social hour with complimentary wine, fruit and cheese
- Two (2) Parlors for socializing, relaxing, reading, or watching the large-screen TV in the back parlor. Fireplace in each parlor
- Complimentary bottled water & soda
- Corporate rate & bereavement rate–must call to book direct
- Discounted rates for weekly & monthly stays.
- Upscale dining two blocks away
Business Travelers: Corporate rate (single occupancy) available Sunday – Thursday. Must call 217.824.7220 to get corporate rate. Text 217-827-3435
Bereavement Rate: Sunday – Thursday. Must call to get the bereavement rate. 217-824-7220 or text 217-827-3435